Tuesday 2 December 2008

Yaya Toure Change His Mind : I Will Stay In Barca

Touré Yaya has rejected all talk of leaving Barcelona in the winter transfer window after being linked with a move to Arsenal to join his brother Kolo.

Yaya Touré: I Want To Stay At Barcelona

The Ivory Coast midfielder stated that he was enjoying life so much at Camp Nou that he has no intention of moving and instead claimed that he believes the Blaugrana will win a trophy this term.

Arsène Wenger reportedly enquired about Touré in the summer and was told that he was going nowhere and now the player has reiterated that after The Sun claimed the Gunners were going to make a €7 million bid.

"I am here because I like this team and it is a great club," he told reporters on Tuesday. "I will be staying here because I am delighted with the side and because we are playing some great football.

"Every year the club signs players of great quality and for me that is important because when a team wants to win titles and the Champions League that is what you have to do.

"We have a squad with some incredible players in it and I am enjoying myself here, the team is doing well and I think we can win things."

Barcelona have not won a major trophy for two seasons, but Touré believes that this term could see that change and he wants to remain part of th trainer's plans to help the team.

"The team is playing very well because the coach is from within the club. Everything is working very well and I am happy this year and really believe we can win the league," he continued.

"I am here to play. Things are great and the coach has faith in me and for me that is the most important thing.

Touré then reflected on Cristiano Ronaldo's success in the Ballon d'Or and while praising the Manchester United forward, he said that Lionel Messi was his favourite player.

"He is a great player and had a great season in the Premier League and his achievements in the Champions League were incredible," he explained.

"But for me, Messi is the best. He is my team-mate and I hope that next year he will win it."

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

Post a Comment

Template by : kendhin x-template.blogspot.com