Wednesday 3 December 2008

Henry Didnt Comfort Be a Winger....

The French forward has been forced to play out on the wing again this season for the Blaugrana after the Cameroonian stayed at the club and that has meant he has less chance to shine once again.

Henry: Defending Limits My Scoring Ability

After a difficult first season at Camp Nou, Henry has sought to explain that his duty to track back and defend makes it impossible for him to reproduce the form he showed in England.

"I understand that people want to see the goals that I scored for Arsenal, but here it is not the same. At Arsenal I did not run like I do now," he told reporters.

"At time you have to work for the team and not just for yourself. I have to admit that I never thought I would have to defend this much. When all is said and done and forward is recognised by how many goals he scores."

Eto'o was due to leave the club and Guardiola told Henry that he would be the club's main centre forward and that they wanted him to play like he did at Arsenal.

But the former Mallorca goalscorer won his place in the squad back and Henry stated that "the situation changed then" and he had to start the season playing wide on the left once more.

It is out on the flank that Henry feels that he has to work much harder then he ever imagined he would as a youngster with Monaco and that has limited his scoring chances.

"At Arsenal I played left of centre and waited for the ball, feeling fresher, ready to go up the wing and here it is the other way round," he continued.

"On the wing you have to work more to defend and then I reach the opposition area without so much strength."

"At Arsenal, even on days when I scored three, I could still have missed four other chances, having seven in all. Here there are one or two chances.

"But I feel a lot better physically and am happier now. Last year we did not play as much as a team as we are this season."

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

Post a Comment

Template by : kendhin x-template.blogspot.com