Wednesday 10 December 2008

Gilardino Bring Viola To Uefa Cup !

Steaua Bucharest vs Fiorentina 0-1

La Viola
traveled to Romania earlier tonight to face Steaua Bucharest, in a match that they had to attain a result from, to ensure that their adventure in Europe continued.

Fiorentina’s Gilardino Overjoyed With  Steaua Triumph
Both sides had already been eliminated from the Champions League, however a spot in the Uefa cup was up for grabs, something that the Viola were desperate to make the most of.

Alberto Gilardino grabbed his fifth goal of the campaign and the only goal of the match after 66 minutes, when he scored with a header following a brilliant cross in from Juan Manuel Vargas.

At the completion of the contest, he spoke about his performance tonight and his current feelings in regards to playing with Fiorentina.

“I feel great lately, and I am in great form,” Gilardino said in an interview with Sky.

“I stand by my decision to leave Milan, and I have no regrets with making it.

“I am so enthusiastic at Fiorentina, and we are doing extremely well, as was the case again tonight, as we recorded an important victory and can hold our heads high as a result,” he added.

“It is a great satisfaction to qualify for the Uefa cup, as it is something we desperately wanted to achieve tonight,” he concluded.

Gila had one final comment regarding his strike partner Adrian Mutu, and his passion for playing alongside him.

“I’m fine with Adrian, and I really enjoy playing with him, as we form a good attacking combination.

“But I am fine with everyone at Fiorentina, and that is why I love playing here so much,” he continued.

Gilardino will be hoping to carry on his good form again this weekend in the Serie A, when his side hosts Catania on Sunday.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

Post a Comment

Template by : kendhin x-template.blogspot.com