Monday 8 December 2008

Giovinco Pass Juventus Test At Via Del Mare

Sebastian Giovinco was given a rare nod by coach Claudio Ranieri yesterday, as Juventus had to make do without injured skipper Alessandro Del Piero.

Giovinco Celebrates First Juventus Goal

The Bianconeri conquered the Stadio Via Del Mare courtesy of a late Amauri header, but the big talking point of the day was the diminutive fantasista’s first strike in a Juve shirt.

“We knew this was a difficult ground and we had to deal with several absences, but it was crucial to get a win,” the 21-year-old told Sky Italia after the match.

“We did it and I also managed to hit the back of the net, I finally got off the mark and I am very happy.”

The Azzurrini ace emulated his captain Pinturicchio by curling in a magnificent free-kick to open the scoring in Apulia.

“Fortunately, we have one like Del Piero to learn the tricks as fast as possible,” he mused.

“I am glad that I can play alongside such great champions and I want to thank all my teammates, the boss and the club, as they have showed great faith in me.

“Has my morale improved now? Of course, when you manage to bag a goal, everything becomes easier.”

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

Post a Comment

Template by : kendhin x-template.blogspot.com