Saturday 29 November 2008

Jose Mourinho : Drogba Is Son That I Never Have

Inter Milan Coach Jose Mourinho has stated that Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is like a son to him, but that does not mean the Ivorian will be joining the Italian champions.

In a press conference, Mourinho claimed, "It is easy for me to talk about him, because he is like a son to me.

Inter Boss Mourinho: Drogba's Like A Son To Me

"I remember every moment we spent together: from when I wanted him at Chelsea and he first arrived at Stamford Bridge, to the Cup Final at Wembley when he hugged me before his team-mates, seeking me out like crazy in the locker room.

"But it is also difficult for me to talk about him, because he is a Chelsea player, he has a contract with them and can choose between many different teams when he wants to leave."

Drogba made his feelings clear about the handling of Jose Mourinho when he was sacked as Chelsea manager, and reportedly threatened to quit the club. He has been linked with Inter for some months now but as yet has not made the move.

Mourinho continued by saying he hadn't contacted Drogba for months.

"I haven’t spoken to him in months,” added Mourinho. “The last time was when he injured himself against Cluj in the first few Champions League games.

"Besides, we have a tricky situation here, as we have [Hernan] Crespo, [Julio] Cruz, Adriano and [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic.

"I understand that when there is talk of his unhappiness at the Blues, Inter’s name will inevitably come out.

"That is down to the rapport that exists between us, but there is nothing else in it. I hope he rediscovers joy and happiness and that he can play at his level."

Current Inter strikers Hernan Crespo and Julio Cruz have both been earmarked for moves to Real Madrid to cover for the injured Ruud Van Nistelrooy, but Inter president Massimo Moratti has stated that he had no idea of Inter director meeting with Drogba to discuss a possible move to the San Siro.

Speaking to Sky Italia, Moratti said, "I didn't even know about Branca's trip to London and I too will endeavour to have it explained to me what it was all about.

"I think that it is the player who wants to join us more than anything. We do not need strikers and in fact have a few too many, all of them very strong. Besides, Mourinho has never asked me for any new signings."

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

Post a Comment

Template by : kendhin x-template.blogspot.com