Tuesday 2 December 2008

Giovinco Replacement For Nedved Not Del Piero...

Press reports in the peninsula have hinted in recent weeks that Juventus might loan out Sebastian Giovinco during the January transfer window, as he is allegedly unsatisfied at his part-time role at the Stadio Olimpico.

Giovinco Only Has Eyes For Juventus

However, coach Claudio Ranieri and his agent Andrea D’Amico stressed yesterday that the Azzurrini star will stay put in Turin in spite of all the paper talk, and the 21-year-old has now also moved to quash the lingering rumours.

“It is only normal to get angry when I don’t play,” he told Turin paper Tuttosport. “It would be worse if I didn’t, as it would mean I was not attached to this shirt.

“Of course, I should try and channel the anger into a more positive attitude. The boss tells me I am [Pavel] Nedved’s replacement, but I don’t really care about my position, as it’s already enough for me to take to the pitch and possibly hit the back of the net.”

The former Empoli man has been in the starting line-up just twice so far and has made five sub appearances.

“I have to admit that I miss scoring goals, as I netted six at Empoli last campaign,” he sighed.

“A goal could seriously help me turn the corner. I can only promise to give my all, because I truly care about Juve and I have no intention of leaving this club.”

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

Post a Comment

Template by : kendhin x-template.blogspot.com